A mother in Adelaide, Australia discovers a highly venomous snake in her child`s lunchbox. The snake was visible in the lid of the box as she was packing school lunches, according to reptile handler Rolly Burrell.
Mr. Burrell said he advised her to close the box and take it outside after the woman had called him for assistance.
He identified the reptile as an ‘eastern brown’, one of the world`s most venomous snakes.
"Not really what you expect to see when you check if [your] child ate their fruit," Mr. Burrell wrote on Facebook.
He said the snake was removed without incident.
The snake catcher said he suspected the reptile had headed for the pantry because it was "one of the darkest spots in the house".
This species is found along coastal and inland areas of mainland Australia. It has been responsible for 23 deaths since 2000, a study of coroner`s data found last year.