BNP offered a `package of proposals` to please India. It said, ‘The relationship between India and Bangladesh would continue to improve in future. Without looking back at anything, the India-Bangladesh relationship will be given a new dimension.’
This information was found in a report titled India-Bangladesh relationship. The Indian Intelligence Agency prepared this report after speaking with several BNP leaders. The report confirms that the formulation was based on the several rounds of meeting between BNP and Indian representatives. This report will be sent to the Indian Foreign Office for determining the next move.
Sources said, the Indian government is becoming too dependent on Awami League, which is risky for India. The intelligence report stresses that India should maintain a good rapport with all the political parties of Bangladesh. For this reason, India held talks with BNP as well as with other political parties from Bangladesh.
According to sources, several top-level officials of India held talks with BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir, standing committee member Dr. Abdul Moin Khan, Barrister Moudud Ahmed, and Vice Chairman Abdul Awal Mintoo. The BNP leaders vowed to follow the below points-
1) BNP will not support the separatist movement of India nor will it allow itself to be used as a corridor to the separatist groups.
2) BNP will support those initiatives which were taken to improve the relationship between the two countries. When in power, BNP will add a new dimension to those relationships.
3) It will only maintain a usual relationship with Pakistan and never cross it.
4) It will re-evaluate its policy on China and consult with India while dealing with China.
5) To protect the rights of minorities, BNP will declare its stance in the election manifesto. Especially, it will abstain from taking aggressive measures against the Hindu community.
However, BNP did not affirm anything about its acting chief Tarique Rahman and the party`s tradition of heritage politics. BNP leaders could not promise anything on the issue of Tarique’s involvement with BNP’s politics.
বাংলায় পড়ুন- https://bit.ly/2MesNOv