Five members of a Bangladeshi family were killed by a smoke-stroke in a residential building in the Middle East country, Kuwait. The accident took place in the Salmiyat area of Kuwait City on Monday afternoon.
The deceased were identified as Rokeya Begum, her two sons -Fahad and Imad and two daughters -Jamila and Namila. They are the locals of Kandigaon village of Kamalganj Sadar union under Kamalganj Upazila in Moulvibazar, Bangladesh. During the incident, Rokeya Begum`s husband, Zuned Miah, was out of the house.
According to the information of freedom fighter Joynal Abedin of Kandigaon village of Kamalganj, Zuned Mia lives in Kuwait for 15 years with his wife and four children. In the afternoon, a sudden explosion of AC compressor took place in the house.
Zuned Miah`s wife and four children died of the smoke created by the blast. After hearing the news, Zuned Miah returned home and lost consciousness after seeing the bodies of his wife and children. He was taken to the hospital quickly. After the initial treatment, he was released for home. Mother Rokeya Begum and her four dead bodies were kept in the hospital in Kuwait`s Mobarak Al Kabir Hospital.
The news of the accident came as a shock to Kamalganj on Sunday night. Freedom fighter Joynal Abedin said, among the other two brothers of Zuned Miah, one is residing in the USA, the other one is in London, UK.
Kamalganj Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO) Mohammad Mahmudul Haq confirmed the news of the accident.
Bangla Insider/ MA